Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Anonymity

The Chronicle of Higher Education recently reported on the risks of publishing a blog under one's real name for professional reasons. Dan Drezner (under his own name) wrote about it here, and Kevin Drum (non-pseudonymously) covered the topic here and again here. Even though they have the temerity to publish their true identities and even though they have blogs that lots of people actually read, their discussion got me worried enough to omit my name and picture from the blog (at least for a while). However, pictures of the 16-month-old will continue to appear occasionally since I would lose a sizeable contingent of my readership if I deprived them of these granddaughterly sightings.

Sincerely yours,

W--- K--------

p.s. Clever readers will note that my picture appears occasionally in some previous posts, but fortunately I was incognito at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home